Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies


I just caught my husband eating more than his fair share of cookies.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies straight out of the freezer and leaning against the sink to catch any crumbs.

He turned and looked at me, kind of like when you were a kid and your mom caught you eating another hostess cupcake .  Mouth full, he says  " No way these are vegan".
I smiled, raised my eyebrows and turned out of the kitchen triumphant.

 After all, my husband is/was a carnivore of the most serious kind.  I will admit it, my family does not follow my vegan ways, yet.  But one cookie...one scone...one cupcake, one delicious vegan thing after the next and soon they will find they don't miss what was in their old drake's ring ding.
The proof is in the cookie...natural, grown from this earth, organic ingredients are delicious!

So tonight I am really just posting a re-do of the Cookie's Cookie but I added  1/2 cup dried cherries in with the chocolate chips at the end of the recipe.  There is something about that cherry chocolate combination...the sweet and the tart...that really work together perfectly!
Also, those little plump cherries do a beautiful thing to your cookie.  It turns one recipe from a thin, crispy, chewy cookie, into a thicker, chewier kind of cookie.
My sister and brother-in-law practically came to blows disputing the better of these two cookies.  Make both and you decide!
Follow the recipe under Cookie's Cookies and gently stir in:
1/2 cup of dried cherries with the vegan chocolate chips

2 comments:

  1. They were YUMMY! Next time bring more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made a batch. They are delicious, the cherries are a nice touch. I love how they are both chewy and crispy. Can't wait to make more!

    ReplyDelete