Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quinoa Snickerdoodle (gluten-free)

These cookies are a gift.  They are just what I was wanting.  I am so happy with the taste and texture of them that I had to wrap them up in a bow!

Recently, I was visiting a friend in Chicago and we found a terrific vegan restaurant called The Chicago Diner.  We loved everything about this vegan restaurant...the food, the staff and oh....the cookies.  They had a snickerdoodle cookie that was truly addictive.
It was so good, that the very next day we drove 45 minutes out of our way just to share that cookie again.
I haven't stopped thinking about and wishing for it since.  

Now, I have a very delicious snickerdoodle recipe on this blog that I really love, but it is a thin,crispy, chewy snickerdoodle.  And of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But why stop at one kind of snickerdoodle when there are others to love?
So after tasting the snickerdoodle at The Chicago Diner, I was determined to recreate their version of this cookie.  Their snickerdoodle was what I call chubby.  It was soft and chewy with a really nice thickness to it.  They used a whole wheat flour in their recipe, but I was feeling like quinoa flour would give it that extra special fluffy chub I was going for
.
Yes, Success!  Delicious and addictive!
As an extra special bonus, this chubby guy is gluten free, high in fiber and protein.
The ingredients in these cookies are:
Organic quinoa flour, earth balance vegan buttery spread, organic evaporated cane juice, organic vanilla, unsweetened applesauce, baking soda, organic cinnamon, cream of tartar and kosher salt.

Contact me if you need a fix!  
VeganBakingMama delivers in NYC or ships anywhere in the continental U.S.

3 comments:

  1. I love this photo. It makes me want to eat one every time I look at it. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete